12 July 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like... Not Really

As I sit here in 80 degree weather with high humidity, it's hard to think about the cool snowy days of December. That is, until I received a package in the mail the other day... It's the Crazy Eight fabric by Sandy Gervais for Moda.

I had found a pattern in the book "Scrap Basket Surprises" by Kim Brackett called "Christmas Ribbons" that I really liked and began to think about the fabrics I would use.

I love reindeer (all my Christmas decorations have a reindeer theme including the whole "Reindeer" dinnerware collection from Pottery Barn) and had been fabric "window browsing" online when I saw this fabric.

Voila! Pattern and fabric... what a perfect blend.

I am busy trying to finish several other projects, but as soon as I start laying out fabric and cutting I will add this to the project list.... till then, I'll just stare at it on the shelf... daydreaming... thinking of colder weather....

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I would rather not have 'It's beginning to look a lot like..'.
I have a nice cool cellar where I can retreat to and then nip back upstairs to get some warmth from the sun.
Your material looks very festive. I can't wait to see what you decide to do with it.
Jeanie xxxx

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I saw that china at Pottery Barn last year. I thought maybe I would just get the coffee cups I thought they were so cute. I didn't get them though - maybe I will this year if they still have them -
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/