02 March 2008

At the Beginning

Ok, so here we go:

Here's part of my collection of scrapbooking material.

If I have to think of a reason why I started scrapbooking, I am going to blame it on getting married.  I made MANY trips to JoAnn Fabrics and Michael's for supplies for creating my programs, favors, and napkin rings.  While there, I often wandered around, and since I was looking for paper for the programs, I wandered into the scrapbooking area to look for specialty paper.

Unfortunately, for me, both stores were having specials on boxed scrapbooking sets and on all their scrapbooking supplies.  Given that I made a number of trips, each time I would pick up this or that, and I now have the beginnings of my collection.  Once I settle down into a "real house" I am sure I will be adding to it.  Although I love the idea of computer scrapbooking, for now I will stick to the old-fashioned scrapbooks.  I can always vent my aggressions on the cutting board.

As time progresses, I will be working on my wedding scrapbook, along with working on pages for past travel and events since I recently found a box full of photos from the past 10 years.  So, hopefully we both won't be overly deluged with wedding bliss and romance.  Well, ok, maybe just a little.

No comments: